What is ISO 44001?
Collaborative working gives you access to more services, more opportunities to win work and the resources to compete for bigger contracts. The internationally recognised standard ISO 44001 provides a framework for collaborative business relationships that an organisation of any size and sector can apply to get the very most out of its business relationships (e.g. strategic business partnerships, client, customer or supplier relationships, shared services, consortia and alliances) and uses the common ISO management system structure, enabling easy integration with other management system standards e.g. ISO 9001.
What are its benefits?
- provides a consistent and structured approach for the integration of collaborative working within operational procedures, processes and systems
- provides a robust, neutral framework for establishing effective collaborative programmes for mutual benefit
- provides a common foundation and language for relationships between different types of organisation e.g. private and public sector, commercial and not-for-profit organisations
- specifies a consistent and systematic approach, ensuring repeatability across programmes and relationships, with increased emphasis on developing value
- encourages organisations to focus on developing more effective joint risk management programmes
How we can help you implement and maintain it
We have experts in
- developing systems that are effectively integrated within your organisation and, if appropriate, with management systems based on other standards e.g.ISO 22301
- documenting processes and especially management processes and procedures
- training staff and managers in internal auditing against a range of BS and ISO standards
- supporting management teams through the ISO certification process – we only work with certification bodies approved by the Institute for Collaborative Working e.g. SGS
- conducting readiness reviews/gap analysis in preparation for certification audits